The scholarship jacket is a short story by Marta Salinas. I would put it in the coming of age genre because Martha, the main character, is realising that life is not always fair, as she overhears Mr. Boone and Mr. Schmidt discussing if Joanne or Martha should get the scholarship jacket, "Look Joann's father is not only on the Board, he owns the only store in town; we could say it was a close tie and...", as you would feel in that situation Martha must have felt really insecure.
The reason I would put it in the realistic fiction genre is because Martha could be an actual person and someone could be in that situation and where she lives (America) is a real place.
Raymond's run is a coming of age and realistic fiction story by Toni Cade Bambara. The reason why I think this is in the coming of age genre is because Squeaky, the main character has to look after her brother Raymond, a normal childhood job, except that Raymond is 21 and has a "Pumpkin sized head", also she meets her enemies, a group of three nasty girls one being Mary Louise, who Squeaky helped stop being beaten up. The reason I think the story is in the realistic fiction genre is because where she lives, in New York is a real place and because bullying and name-calling can happen in real life.
All summer in a day is a suspense, science fiction and coming of age story, the reason I think All summer in a day is in the suspense genre is because when Margot, the main character is locked in the closet, after she is let out all the book says is that 'Behind the closet door was only silence.
They unlocked the door, even more
slowly, and let Margot out.', and at the beginning "Ready ?"
"Ready."
"Now ?"
"Soon."
"Do the scientists really know? Will it
happen today, will it ?"
"Look, look; see for yourself !", now if you were a new reader the scientists could have predicted anything from a black hole to a new evolution, this keeping the reader on the edge of their seat. The reason I think All summer in a day is a science fiction story is because the story is set on Venus the planet that rains for 365 days and the only sunlight they have is for two hours every seven years. Now the reason I think this story is in the coming of age genre is because Margot and the children are all growing up and learning what is right and wrong.
The sound of thunder is a science fiction and suspense story, the reason I think this story is in the science fiction genre is because "A real Time Machine, makes you think" Eckles the main character exclaims, thus proving that this story is definitely science fiction. The reason I think this story is in the suspense genre is because "I'm warning you Eckles I still might kill you yet" Travis says, this making the reader sit on the edge of their seat.
The Landlady is a suspense, realistic fiction and mystery story. The reason I think The Landlady is in the suspense genre is because she is quite edgy and a little too kind, and at the end, protruding from Billy Weaver's tea, was a light scent of almond; symbolising that The Landlady had put cyanide in Billy's beverage thus ending on a cliff hanger. The reason I think that The Landlady should be in the mystery genre is because “We have it all to ourselves,” does sound a little bit creepy and “Oh, I am, my dear, I am, of course I am.
But the trouble is that I'm inclined to be just a
teeny weeny bit choosy and particular – if you
see what I mean.” this is a little bit odd considering that she is much, much older than him, also she seems to have a collection off a bit too much stuffed people and animals that Billy will soon be apart of. The reason I would put The Landlady in the realistic fiction genre is because; there are some strange and mysterious people in this world; that like stuffing their victims.
Clockwork is a fantasy and suspense story. The reason I think this story should go in the fantasy genre is because, Little Prince Florian is a clockwork child that can function like a real human being, also his father Prince Otto sacrifices his heart to his child and is equipped with a clockwork heart to deliver his son back home, and Fritz the storyteller that when he tells his story Clockwork and it comes true. The reason I would place Clockwork in the suspense genre is because Sir Ironsoul the knight nearly kills two people who have said the word 'Devil' The story telling itself is quite unnerving as it seems to go out of control.
No comments:
Post a Comment