Tuesday, 24 November 2015

The Hunt

The Hunt is a novel by Andrew Fukuda, in the fantasy and suspense genre.
The reason why I think The Hunt is in this genre is because the main character Gene is trying to survive as the only human living in a world full of vampires.
Gene's father helped Gene to live within this world before having to leave Gene as he was bit by a vampire.
After that the lonely boy had to adapt to life without his father, also another down side is that he has to join the 'heper hunt', the biggest sport in the community, as he is not a real vampire he will have a hard time hunting the heper's.
The heper's are bred in captivity and are the bait for the hunt and are the ones that are hunted. Gene has to keep his identity secret but starts to make freinds with the heper's in captivity. The themes starting to appear in this book are themes of good versus evil.
I haven't finished this book yet, but I can thoroughly recommend it if you like reading The Hunger Games trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment